The South Okanagan Similkameen Medical Foundation raises funds to support the delivery of quality health services in our region.
You can help by making your donation for Penticton Regional Hospital, which serves the entire region. We also encourage donors to designate their financial gifts to one or more of the Health Care Facilities we serve in Penticton, Summerland, Oliver, Princeton and Keremeos.
The SOS Medical Foundation has entered the most ambitious campaign in our history. Coinciding with construction of the new $312.5-million David E. Kampe Tower at PRH, the Foundation is committed to raising $20 million for new medical equipment for the hospital expansion. We can do this with the community’s help.
- Sunday, June 11, 2017 – The Penticton Hospital Auxiliary hosts its annual Take An Old Bag to Tea fashion show fundraiser at the Penticton Lakeside Resort at 1 p.m. Includes the raffle of a diamond bracelet valued at $8,550.
- Friday and Saturday, August 18-19, 2017 – Peach City Tees Up For Cancer ladies golf tournament at the Penticton Golf & Country Club. Proceeds to the SOS Medical Foundation’s PRH campaign.
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 – The Summerland Yacht Club hosts the third annual Great Ogopogo Bathtub Race at Powell Beach in support of PRH.
- Monday, August 28, 2017 – EllisDon Infrastructure, the province’s private sector partner in the PRH expansion, hosts a fundraising tournament at the Penticton Golf & Country Club. Proceeds to the SOS Medical Foundation.
- See website events calendar for full details.
Penticton Patient Care Tower
The PRH expansion will take place in two phases, with construction of the six-storey patient care tower now underway. The David E. Kampe Tower will feature new operating-surgical rooms, 84 new single-patient rooms and ambulatory care clinics. It will also be home to the UBC Faculty of Medicine program.
Following the tower’s anticipated opening in early 2019, Phase 2 will see work begin on a much larger Emergency Department and other renovations to the existing hospital building.